So I’ve begun to adopt a much more healthier lifestyle lately, and Ive been staying motivated with help from Pinterest of course! (I urge you to check that website/app out if you haven’t)
SO KALE CHIPS THO.
Kale chips is a wonderful replacement for a good bag of Lay’s and you would be surprised at how similar it tastes to potato chips! Apparently, Kale is really good for the body and has a whole load of antioxidants, vitamins, calcium and iron (thanks google), but I just made it because again, Pinterest, and cravings for the unhealthy!
It is literally the easiest snack I’ve ever made, and the best part is that it is GUILT FREE!
All you need is a bunch of kale, olive oil and salt.
(Im aware that its really hard to find kale easily in Dubai, but if you go to the ripe market you will be able to find a good bunch of organic kale for just AED 10. Do check out the ripe market on twitter or instagram to know where they’re at for the week. I think its Zabeel park every Friday and Majaz Waterfront every Tuesday :D, Its amazing so I do urge you to check it out regardless!)
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius.
2. Tear kale into bite size pieces, wash and dry thoroughly.
3. Drizzle olive oil and salt over the top and make sure every leaf is well coated in the mixture.
4. Lay each leaf flat on parchment paper, you can drizzle some pepper or garlic powder over the top for some extra flavour.
5. Bake for 5 minutes (set a timer), and flip them over for another 3 minutes until the edges look brown.
They might not look super appetising, but it tastes great and its so good for you! My 12 year old brother did NOT want to give it a try because its green, but when he ate a piece, he was so surprised because it tastes just like potato chips!
Also, its VERY addicting.
Hope I made you want to give this a go!